Ho Chi Minh City (17.02) – Hanoi (19.02) – Shanghai (21.02) – Hong Kong (24.02)
Chair for Business Administration, Production Management and Industrial Economics of Prof. Dr. Hans-Dietrich Haasis will launch the first traveling conference in Asia in February 2014. This traveling academic event is organized under the umbrella of Asian-German Knowledge Network for Transport and Logistics (AGKN) in the framework of the project funded by International Bureau of Federal Ministry of Education and Research (IB BMBF).
Six German and four Asian representatives of educational and research institutions from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Shanghai and Hong Kong go on a tour for 10 days to discuss on future cooperation in education and research in the field of transport and logistics with home academia, industry and public sector in the Asia Pacific Research Area (APRA).
The Asia Pacific Research Area (APRA) is the third-largest global powerhouse in terms of research and development after Europe and North America today. Both China and Vietnam are rapidly growing in terms of transport infrastructure development and regional logistics competitiveness.
The traveling conference will mainly focus on future possible cooperation in high quality teaching and research within pre-selected thematic fields based on the university-industry-government approach. The conference on tour will contribute to the University of Bremen’s Internalization Strategy in interdisciplinary high-profile area of logistics.
Participating institutions from Germany and APRA are University of Applied Business Administration and Law of Berlin, Institute of Shipping Economics and Logistics, Institute of Economic and Development Studies, National Economics University, Fraunhofer-Center for Maritime Logistics and Services CML, Institute of Maritime Logistics, Technical University Hamburg – Harburg, Shipping Research Center, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, School of Naval Architecture Ocean and Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Institute of Information Systems, University of Hamburg and Ho Chi Minh University of Transport.
Guest speakers conference team list:
- Professor Dr. Joachim R. Daduna, Berlin School of Economics and Laws, Germany
- Ms. Bich Hoai Dang, Transport Economic Faculty, Ho Chi Minh City University of Transport, Vietnam
- Ms. Irina Dovbischuk (PhD candidate), University of Bremen, Germany
- Professor Dr. Hans-Dietrich Haasis, Institute of Shipping Economics and Logistics, Germany
- Professor Dr. Hao Hu, School of Naval Architecture Ocean and Civil Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Professor Dr. Carlos Jahn, Institute of Maritime Logistics, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
- Mr. Michael Ng (PhD Candidate), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Dr. Nguyen Minh Ngoc, DBA, Institute of Economics and Development Studies, National Economics University, Vietnam
- Professor Dr. Dirk Sackmann, Department of Logistics and Production Management, University of Applied Sciences Merseburg, Germany
- Dr. Robert Stahlbock, Institute of Information Systems, University of Hamburg, Germany
Presentatios of guest and home speakers are available in the comment below (only for registered users).